The Drama section of the Barnwood Sports and Social Club is called BADCo – Barnwood Amateur Dramatics Company. We are a friendly group and put on a pantomime every year in February or March.
Our last production was Cinderella, staged in February 2019 which raised a record £3250 for Winston’s Wish.
Funds from Cinderella will be used to support Meningitis Now.
Previous recent productions and the charities supported are:
- 2018: Jack & The Beanstalk – £2400 for Winston’s Wish
- 2017: Mother Goose – £1000 for each of Brain Tumour Research and CLIC Sargent
- 2016: The Princess & The Peastalk – £1250 for each of The Restricted Growth Association and The MPS Society.
- 2015: Dame Sweetly Goes West – £2000 for Headway Gloucestershire
- 2014: Humpty Dumpty – £2000 for the Alzheimers Society.
BADCo run various planning and social activities over the summer from time to time with open meetings for the following year’s production usually taking place in September. Rehearsals are usually held on Thursday evenings between 7.30pm and 10pm and Sunday afternoons from 2.30pm to 5pm. New members are always welcome – we would love to hear from anyone with and interest in all aspects of staging a production: writing, directing, music, scenery, costumes, front of house…and of course acting and singing! All BADCo members must be members of the Sports & Social Club. Junior members are welcome if accompanied by an adult who also wishes to get involved!
Contact Cathy Barker at Barnwood or Anna Eaton in the S&SC Office (details on contact page) and visit the BADCo website.
The cast & crew of Cinderella, February 2019